It’s mid-way through the week and I’ve already started getting that weekend feeling…Am I the only one who gets this way?!
Anyway, enough about the weekend. Over the last few weeks, I’ve been scouring the shops for some fashion inspo. I love this time of the year when all the shops are transitioning and the stock slowly switches to Autumn/Winter (A/W). You can usually get some pretty nice stuff. So I thought I’d do a post on some of my favourite pieces that I’ve picked up. Hopefully you might find something that inspires you too!
1. Zara pink frock coat/blazer dress (£69.99) – I absolutely love this. I don’t think I’d personally wear it like a dress, but I can totally see it being rocked in that way. For me, I think this would go great with a plain white t-shirt and some distressed jeans.
2. Black frill-sleeved dress (£29.99) – I saw this dress and had to have it. I love the overall simplicity with the added drama of the sleeves. This is a great work-to-evening transitional piece and would work really well with some nice loafers (keep scrolling!).
3. Cream ruffle blouse with lapel collar and contrasting bow (£25.99). I’m a sucker for Victoriana style clothes. My style is generally quite classic and feminine but I do like my flamboyant pieces and this top fits the bill with the added ruffle details and black bow. Again a great work-to-evening transitional piece.
4. Lace top (I have the white but that doesn’t seem to be available anymore) – £15.99 – First of all, bargain central?! There’s not much else to say except that this is a really good quality lace top and I’m actually staggered that it is only £15.99. I plan to wear this with faded, distressed blue jeans though you can style this with pretty much anything, including high-waisted trousers or leather leggings for an edgier look.
5. Striped blouse with ruffles – £25.99 (I also have the one in red) – A fun and casual top with airy fabric and one which is quite versatile.
6. ‘Amour’ slogan t-shirt – (£16). Now this is where I depart from my usual style. Topshop are doing some really cute slogan t-shirts at the moment. Wearing this with a blazer would give the outfit the right balance between casual and smart.
7. Leather mustard mules with ruffle detail (£29.99). These are probably not for everyone but I love them. Can never say no to a pop of colour with a touch of medieval style! I would recommend sizing up in these.
8. Black patent loafers with pearl detail (£25.99). These are such a classic pair of shoes that will go great with an LBD or even a casual t-shirt and jeans look. I’m really loving the attention to detail in all Zara shoes I’ve seen this season!
9. Mini wooden tote bag (£29.99). Inspired by the Cult Gaia bag at a fraction of the price! This is a really cute piece especially for holidays. It’s not the most practical bag as it doesn’t have a shoulder strap and you would basically need to carry it in your hand but, even so, I couldn’t resist!
10. Red striped university women’s classic TOMS (£29.99). These are so comfortable and great for travelling! The ethics of this brand is also another reason why I love them- you can read all about it here)11. NEXT two band animal print sandals (£24). These sandals are great for summer and holidays. I can see them looking really chic with an all black outfit with animal print accessories. I also think these are nice for lounging around the house as they are really easy to slip on. They are real leather so very good for the price!
12. Gold coin chunky necklace (Aldo brand available on ASOS – £12) – I do love a good statement necklace. This one will go great with block colour outfits, particularly white or jewel colours.
I’ve never really done a ‘haul’ style post before but would love to hear your feedback on how you found this! Of course all the links to the items have been provided. You’ll probably be seeing many of these items styled over the next few weeks on Instagram, particularly as I have a couple of trips planned so watch this space and follow me there @Zohrasrose.
Do you have any of these items? Leave a comment below with your current favourite items too! Rosie X
[Photos are not mine and are from the retailers of the respective items]