I can’t believe February is nearly over and, in typical fashion, I’ve left this post to the last minute!
When I was thinking about the things that i’ve enjoyed using the most this month, the list was nearly all about skin care and cosmetics (so if this isn’t your thing, sorry in advance!).
I usually tend to stick to products that I know but this month I thought i’d venture out a little and be adventurous so, here goes!
- Angels on bare skin by Lush – i’ve been using this product for a few days now and I love it. It makes my skin feel really soft and I think it helps if you have an oily t-zone. I also have really sensitive skin so am always quite careful about the products that I use – i found this to be fine (all natural ingredients and the lavender helps with sensitive skin). Having read other reviews, it’s also meant to reduce redness and give your skin an even tone but I don’t think i’ve been using it long enough to notice this. Will keep you posted!
2. Laura Mercier’s translucent loose setting powder – I’d heard so much about this product and I think it’s definitely lived up to expectations! I’ve used it a few times now and find that the ‘cashmere’ talc really does add to a soft finish. I use this quite sparingly under the eyes and to give a light dusting once my foundation has been applied. It’s particularly good for softening fine lines and avoiding creasing of the makeup after a long day. Love it!
3. Watt’s up, Benefit – love this highlighter that I got with a Benefit blush set. This is a mini version but you can get a full sized version as well (click on the hyperlink). The product has a creamy texture and gives the skin a very subtle glow so great to use on a day to day basis (also good for contouring!).
4. Swarovski earrings – these were a birthday present from my friend and I love them. The champagne pink colour and the daintiness mean that they go with every outfit. Also you get two looks for the price of one – you could just wear the small studs during the day and then add on the additional cuff when going out at night. Similar here and here or for a more affordable look, click.
5. Most of my lipsticks are from Mac but i thought i’d try something different so bought this Illamasqua lipstick in the shade of ‘Liable’. Anyone who knows me knows that I love a red lip and this colour has a really nice pop to it. But the main reason why this lipstick is in my February favourites is because of the durability and ‘stay on’ factor. It really is long lasting! With that comes one criticism – the lipstick is extremely dry and matt so you really need to use a lip balm before applying. Other than that, i loved it.
6. My last favourite is the ‘Y Plan’ app. This is great for finding out about cool events happening in your local area and sometimes also offers discounts on cinema tickets. The last event I went to was a play called ‘squid boy’ at the Vaults in Waterloo – so weird but strangely entertaining! I probably would’ve never gone had it not been for the app! It’s also really easy to buy tickets on the app itself – very quick and simple!
Hope you enjoyed this post – would love to know what your february favourites are – leave a comment below 🙂